Foreman/Technician - Chinchilla
Perform mechanical repairs on agricultural machinery and C&CE equipment, coordinates and directs the service department technicians for maximum efficiency and productivity while overseeing all service repair work to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
Repairs must be performed in a professional and tradesman like manner in accordance with industry accepted good practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, supervise and control workshop activities.
- Diagnose customer concerns prior to machinery being booked in for service and/or repair;
- Assist all Technicians and Apprentice Technicians in the diagnosis of machinery problems;
- Ensure that Technicians and Apprentice Technicians are using their time effectively and efficiently;
- Upon completion of normal repairs and/or service inspect machinery with the Technician who completed the job to ensure it has repaired and/or serviced in accordance with the customer’s instructions and manufacturers guidelines;
- Ensure customers receive the best quality service by requiring that all jobs are completed correctly the first time.
- Check and inspect that all tools are available and maintained in the correct place and that all equipment is in suitable working condition;
- Control and set workshop behavioral standards.
- Maintain staff morale;
- Advise all new and existing staff of Dealership policies;
- Set a regular workshop cleaning schedule highlighting employees specific duties;
- Make suggestions to management for improvements to the Mechanical Service Department’s operations;
- Open and lock up workshop as required each day;
- Maintain a well trained workforce and supervise in-house training as required;
- Prepare workshop reports on the progress of all apprentices;
- Assist toward keeping the workshop area clear of vehicles and clean, orderly and attractive in appearance;
- Coordinate an on call roster as and if required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
Employees are required to supply and maintain a tool kit sufficient to carry out their job in a professional and tradesman like manner.
The company will supply specialised tools and equipment to allow a professional and tradesman like repair.
- Qualified John Deere technician or Diesel Fitter
- Sound knowledge of workshop procedures.
- Management skills desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- Current driver’s licence/ HR desirable.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume.
If you have any queries, please contact Tim Patch, Service Manager on 0429 620 260