Expressions of Interest - Technician
QLD, NT and WA
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Motivated, ambitious, dedicated, skilled and committed to providing excellent service!
If you demonstrate the above qualities, and would like to express your interest in working at Vanderfield, we would like to hear from you.
Vanderfield is a company that has excellent opportunities. We are known for our focus on customer service and support and for being one of the largest and most respected agricultural machinery, Toyota and truck dealerships in regional Australia.
We provide our staff with career growth and development through advanced resources and training. Our dedicated staff are committed to working as a team and embrace our culture and commitment to our customers.
Our most valued asset is our staff, proven over time through 50 years of Vanderfield business success.
We have 13 branches located across Australia and currently employ 360 staff. Our branches are located at Toowooomba, Gatton, Chinchilla, Roma, St George, Biloela, Bundaberg, Emerald, Mackay, Darwin, Katherine and Kununurra.
Vanderfield welcomes you to submit your Expression of Interest as a John Deere Technician. You will be asked to nominate the area/branch which is of interest to you.
Outlined below for your reference are the key duties and responsibilities for a Technician.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager / Branch Manager
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products;
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge;
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products;
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment;
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments;
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments;
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties;
- Field service repairs and maintenance;
- General maintenance and repair of agricultural machinery and equipment;
- General maintenance and repair of Truck and equipment as required;
- Diagnosis and fault finding on agricultural machinery and equipment;
- Pre-delivery of new John Deere products;
- Customers relations and feedback from Filed Service Work;
- General workshop cleaning and maintenance of equipment;
- Maintaining company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition and ensuring servicing of those vehicles is performed in accordance with the manufactures service schedule;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Trade qualification certificate;
- 5 - 7 years of experience performing repairs;
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures;
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment;
- Ability to use John Deere diagnostic equipment and basic computer functions;
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to carry out manual labor including repetitive lifting;
- Service Technician certification preferred;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Fork lift license preferred.
- Employees are required to supply and maintain a tool kit sufficient to carry out their job in a professional and tradesman like manner.
You will be supplied with specialised tools as needed to carry out specific duties.