Parts Interpreter - Darwin
This individual will perform a variety of customer service, marketing, promoting, advertising, and stocking duties related to the parts sales, receiving and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe and profitable operation of the parts department. They will assist customers by properly identifying needed items, using electronic parts catalogues and other available resources. You will be responsible for merchandise, invoicing and making any necessary entries to the inventory control system based on company guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Parts Manager.
You will be included on a Saturday morning roster and you will be required to work the hours as per the roster.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in keeping parts department clean and professional;
- Record all sales (including lost sales) and/or customer transactions using Company provided systems/tools and guidelines;
- Assist in maintaining the retail sales floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealerships standards and ensure customer satisfaction;
- Promotes and sells products and/or services to meet customer needs;
- Supplies Service Technicians with parts as required;
- Verifies receipting-in of shipments and assists with placing Machine Down and Stock Orders in their proper inventory locations;
- Assists in keeping parts department clean and orderly;
- Follows up on shortages and expedites issues by reporting to the manager;
- Assists in maintaining all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order;
- Take a proactive approach to inventory control by assisting and or reporting discrepancies;
- Ensure internal and external customers receive the correct parts in a timely manner;
- Receive, ship, and store parts as needed in accordance with company guidelines;
- Proactively study and stay current on industry and product information;
- Pick up and deliver parts for customers and vendors as needed;
- Mark and store parts in stockroom according to prearranged system and assist with cycle count duties;
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook;
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Vanderfield;
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set;
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings and department meetings and other related efforts;
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Formal parts training and or industry experience is preferred:
- Understanding of mechanical and technical terms;
- Knowledge of parts operating systems preferred;
- Ability to use the Isuzu Ute Catalogue computer application or similar like software:
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Fork lift license preferred.
- Achieving The Dealership Standards relevant to this position.
- Performance standards for this position are met when:
- Total customer satisfaction is achieved with all customers.
- No customer complaints arise which could have been prevented;
- All customer complaints and adverse customer survey returns are attended to immediately.
- All internal procedures as directed by management are adhered to.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
If you would like more information or have any queries about this position, please contact Kevin Rose, Branch Manager on 0407 976 324