Workshop Foreman - Katherine
Perform mechanical repairs on automotive vehicles specifically Toyota, trucks and agricultural machinery, coordinates and directs the service department technicians for maximum efficiency and productivity while overseeing all service repair work to ensure the highest quality of customer service. Acts as the Service Coordinator in their absence.
Repairs must be performed in a professional and tradesman like manner in accordance with industry accepted good practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Represent the Company for the sale of goods and machinery to customers in a defined sales territory;
- Prepare, supervise and control workshop activities.
- Road test vehicles with customers and diagnose customer concerns prior to vehicle being booked in for service and/or repair;
- Assist all Technicians and Apprentice Technicians in the diagnosis of vehicle problems;
- Ensure that Technicians and Apprentice Technicians are using their time effectively and efficiently;
- Upon completion of normal repairs and/or service inspect and road test vehicle with the Technician who completed the job to ensure the vehicle has been repaired and/or serviced in accordance with the customer’s instructions and manufacturers guidelines;
- Ensure customers receive the best quality service by requiring that all jobs are completed correctly the first time.
- Ensure all customer vehicles are maintained clean at all times;
- Check and inspect that all tools are available and maintained in the correct place and that all equipment is in suitable working condition;
- Control and set workshop behavioral standards.
- Maintain staff morale;
- Advise all new and existing staff of Dealership policies;
- Set a regular workshop cleaning schedule highlighting employees specific duties;
- Make suggestions to management for improvements to the Mechanical Service Department’s operations;
- Open and lock up workshop as required each day;
- Maintain a well trained workforce and supervise in-house training as required;
- Prepare workshop reports on the progress of all apprentices;
- Assist toward keeping the workshop area clear of vehicles and clean, orderly and attractive in appearance;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Coordinate after hours break downs and on call roster.
Employees are required to supply and maintain a tool kit sufficient to carry out their job in a professional and tradesman like manner.
The company will supply specialised tools and equipment to allow a professional and tradesman like repair.
- Qualified Automotive mechanic;
- Sound knowledge of workshop procedures;
- Excellent diagnostic skills;
- Current driver’s licence/ HR desirable.
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge on all vehicles sold and serviced by the Dealership.
- Follow housekeeping, safety and security procedures that result in a safe and attractive working environment.
- Maintain attractive customer lounge and reception areas.
- Discourage, in a friendly manner, any entry to work areas by customers to ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Follow and comply with all the Dealership’s workplace health and safety procedures.
- Maintain adherence to The Dealership Standards.
- Report all customer complaints (internal and external) and conditions that are adverse to the operational efficiency of the department or achievement of quality.
- Make suggestions for improvement as appropriate.
Workplace Health and Safety Duties:
- Cares for the health and safety of self and others.
- Follows workplace procedures and instructions to achieve good OHS practice.
- Maintains tools, equipment and facilities to make sure of safe performance and good OHS practice.
- Identifies and reports unsafe, unhealthy or hazardous working conditions.
- Uses Continuous Improvement Requests to report OHS hazards and risks or to suggest improvements.
- Uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Does not engage in practical jokes that could harm the health or safety of another person.
- Achieving The Dealership Standards relevant to this position.
- Performance standards for this position are met when:
- Monthly customer labour sales objectives, established with management, are achieved.
- Total customer satisfaction is achieved with all customers.
- No customer complaints arise which have been caused or could have been prevented by the Workshop Foreman;
- All customer complaints and adverse customer survey returns are attended to immediately.
- All staff can read and understand information written on RO’s.
- All internal procedures as directed by management are adhered to.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment and skills.
If you have any queries about this position, please contact Guy Hassall, Katherine Branch Manager on 0428 160 931