Outdoor Power Equipment Mechanic - Gympie
Maintains, tests and repairs engines of chainsaws, lawn mowers, garden tractors and other equipment with small engines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- detecting and diagnosing faults in engines and parts;
- dismantling and removing engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and checking parts;
- repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components, and referring to service manuals as needed;
- performing scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrication and engine tune-ups, to achieve smoother running of vehicles and ensure compliance with pollution regulations;
- reassembling engines and parts after being repaired;
- testing and adjusting mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance;
- diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers;
- Document system information and repairs completed on work order, including parts used.
- Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, systems and equipment.
- Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s area of responsibility
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Vanderfield.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Working knowledge of electronics and hydraulic systems preferred.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Vanderfield will offer you in return
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment and skills.
For further information, please contact the Service Manager, Warren McIntyre on 0407 628 035