Service Advisor - Chinchilla
Assist the service manager in maintaining accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership. Schule jobs to the Technicians and Apprentices ensuring the personal with the correct skill level are allocated the correct job. Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the service department and the accurate and efficient compilation of all Service Department paper work and flow.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Open work orders as directed by the Service Manager and maintain control until closed and invoiced;
- Post Technicians comments from the Instruction sheets as required. Open additional work segments and issue purchase orders as requested and authorised by the Service Manager;
- Schedule work to the Technicians ensuring they have sufficient skill level to perform the task required.
- Prepare a preview copy of completed work orders for the Service Managers review and invoice authorisation where required;
- Ensure the correct and complete compilation of all job sheets prior to completion and processing;
- Ensure that all service department personal are gainfully employed and efficiently utilising their time by informing and liaising with the workshop Foreman Supervisor and Service Manager;
- Liaising with customers to ensure the repairs are performed within their budget and requirements and within the time frame required;
- Liaise with the Parts Department to ensure the parts required for Service Technicians are available for the job requirements;
- Assist in organisation of Field Service Technicians repairs for the next day to reduce down time in organising Parts, Tools, Manuals and assistance for any field repair;
- Assist the Warranty Administration area in claiming the maximum amount allowable for a particular job by ensuring all relevant information is on all work orders prior to processing;
- Maintains the service library with current information (for example, files bulletins, manuals, multi-media, etc.) under the direct supervision of the Service Manager;
- Maintains Service Department filing and records;
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the customer work orders;
- Maintains accessories and supplies and prepares replacement orders;
- May assist in preparing Service Technician efficiency reports;
- May process warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission and follow-up;
- Reporting to the Service Manager on day to day issues that affect the service department operation and identifying customer concerns that may arise from time to time;
- Assisting in a continuous improvement process to ensure above average customer service, staff satisfaction and loyalty;
- Developing processes and procedures to efficiently perform manufactures Programs and Safety recalls within the time frame and requirements of those manufactures;
- Efficiently and promptly processing all warranty repairs and ensuring documentation is delivered to the warranty administration area in sufficient time to meet the manufactures requirements;
- Answer customer enquiries, internal and external in relation to service department business and technical information;
- Timely invoicing of workshop jobs as directed by the service manager;
- Recording of workshop times as required by the service manager;
- Follow up of workshop invoicing / workshop cash sale jobs to keep debtor lists within company guidelines. Take ownership and use initiative to keep debtor levels as low as possible
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred;
- Knowledge of service process and procedures;
- Proven business and people management experience;
- Developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and written communication skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Knowledge of agricultural and/or construction business operations preferred;
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products;
- Strong organisational skills
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume.
If you have any queries, please contact Tim Patch, Service Manager on 0429 620 260