Parts Manager - Mackay
This individual will perform a variety of customer service, marketing, promoting, advertising and stocking duties related to the parts sales, receiving and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe and profitable operation of the parts department. They will assist customers by properly identifying needed items, using electronic parts catalogs and other available resources. They will merchandise, invoice and make any necessary entries to the inventory control system based on company guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Branch Manager.
You will be required to be on a Saturday morning roster and participate in after hour calls and/or call outs.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in keeping parts department clean and professional.
- Record all sales (including lost sales) and/or customer transactions using Company provided systems/tools (i.e. CDK) and guidelines
- Assist in maintaining the retail sales floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealerships standards and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Take a proactive approach to inventory control by assisting and or reporting discrepancies.
- Ensure internal and external customers receive the correct parts in a timely manner.
- Receive ship and store parts as needed in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines.
- Proactively study and stay current on industry and product information.
- Pick up and deliver parts for customers and vendors as needed.
- Mark and store parts in stockroom according to prearranged system and assist with cycle count duties.
- Provide continuous leadership to the team in support of or in absence of parts management.
- Act as a mentor through providing guidance and coaching to other parts team members.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of Vanderfield.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, take 5’s, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Formal parts training and/or industry experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical and technical terms.
- Knowledge of parts operating systems.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Achieving The Dealership Standards relevant to this position;
- Performance standards for this position are met when;
- Total customer satisfaction is achieved with all customers;
- No customer complaints arise which could have been caused by or prevented by the Parts Supervisor;
- The Dealership service follow-up program is maintained and followed in a manner required by the Dealer Principal;
- All customer complaints and adverse customer survey returns are attended to immediately;
- All staff can read and understand information written on RO’s;
- All internal procedures as directed by management are adhered to.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment history.