Toyota Service Advisor - Katherine
1. SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Adequate knowledge of motor vehicles;.
- Well-developed communication skills and telephone techniques.
- Adequate administration, customer handling and driving skills.
2. BASIC FUNCTIONS:
- Act as principal contact between the Dealership and customers for repair and maintenance service on vehicles.
- Maximize dealership sales of service and parts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
3. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively implement Dealership Standards relevant to this position.
- Greet customers promptly and courteously.
- Maintain a complete customer relations and follow-up policy that ensures maximum customer satisfaction.
- Resolve all customer complaints immediately to build customer loyalty.
- Establish clear standards for customer treatment.
- Monitor all customer survey results to ensure correct procedures in maintaining CSI figures.
- Follow up and resolve all customer action reports immediately to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Keep Service Manager informed of all problems and potential problems involving repairs, customer’s parts and equipment.
- Record appointments requested by customers via the department’s appointments system.
- Complete repair orders and other necessary documentation on arrival of customer.
- Ensure the accuracy of customer details on repair orders and computer records and update where necessary.
- Determine estimate of cost, time when vehicle will be ready and method of payment.
- Obtain customer contact number in case customer needs to be contacted during the service.
- Ensure all repair orders are signed by the client before the commencement of service work.
- Obtain an order number from fleet lease companies prior to the commencement of work.
- Ensure vehicle keys are correctly tagged.
- Record and follow up the status of repairs to ensure that vehicle will be ready when promised.
- Ensure completed repairs are quality tested.
- Obtain authorisation from customers when estimate of costs needs to be changed and when extra work is found to be necessary.
- Advise customer in advance when vehicle cannot be ready at the agreed time.
- Contact customer as soon as the vehicle is ready to be collected.
- Ensure security of customer’s vehicles.
- Explain all aspects of the job and work carried out to the customer and ensure the customer is happy with the explanations and the work carried out.
- Attend to telephone service inquiries and bookings promptly and courteously.
- Establish, maintain and follow a system for back order parts on behalf of the customer.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Parts and Accessories Department and Sales Departments at all times.
- Contact all customers who have not responded to their service booking.
- Utilise any service offers or additional services available to maximize sales per RO.
- Carry out other tasks as required by management.
- Write RO’s efficiently by asking appropriate diagnostic questions to identify customer needs and record all information accurately and legibly.
- Identify RO’s that require special handling, such as customer waiting, “PRIORITY REPAIR” and “COME-BACK”.
- Ensure cash sale repairs are paid for prior to releasing the vehicle.
- Ensure all RO’s are completed in a timely manner
- Obtain management approval before charging any amount to “policy” or any other expense account.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of manufacturer’s warranties.
- Interpret warranty information and policies to customers.
- Allow only the time specified by Warranty Officer for warranty on any RO.
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge on all vehicles sold and serviced by the Dealership.
- Follow housekeeping, safety and security procedures that result in a safe and attractive working environment.
- Maintain attractive customer lounge and reception areas.
- Discourage, in a friendly manner, any entry to work areas by customers to ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Follow and comply with all the Dealership’s workplace health and safety procedures.
- Maintain adherence to The Dealership Standards.
- Report all customer complaints (internal and external) and conditions that are adverse to the operational efficiency of the department or achievement of quality.
- Make suggestions for improvement as appropriate.
4. OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY DUTIES:
- Cares for the health and safety of self and others.
- Follows workplace procedures and instructions to achieve good OHS practice.
- Maintains tools, equipment and facilities to make sure of safe performance and good OHS practice.
- Identifies and reports unsafe, unhealthy or hazardous working conditions.
- Uses Continuous Improvement Requests to report OHS hazards and risks or to suggest improvements.
- Uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Does not engage in practical jokes that could harm the health or safety of another person.
- Achieving The Dealership Standards relevant to this position.
- Performance standards for this position are met when:
- Monthly customer labour sales objectives, established with management, are achieved.
- Total customer satisfaction is achieved with all customers.
- No customer complaints arise which have been caused by or could have been caused by or could have been prevented by the Service Advisor.
- The Dealership service follow-up program is maintained and followed in a manner required by the Dealer Principal.
- All customer complaints and adverse customer survey returns are attended to immediately.
- All staff can read and understand information written on RO’s.
- All internal procedures as directed by management are adhered to.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment and skills.
To discuss the position in more detail please contact the Katherine Service Manager, Brodie Randell 0438 721 788.