Diesel Fitter/Heavy Vehicle Technician - Darwin
This individual will be workshop based and operate a mobile service vehicle and travel to customer locations to perform in-field, machinery diagnostics and repairs as required. These repairs will consist of, but are not limited to, complete component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following prescribed technical manual procedures. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime and weekends on occasion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Ag Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products;
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge;
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products;
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment;
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments;
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments;
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties;
- Field service repairs and maintenance;
- General maintenance and repair of agricultural machinery and equipment;
- General maintenance and repair of Truck and equipment as required;
- Diagnosis and fault finding on agricultural machinery and equipment;
- Customers relations and feedback from Filed Service Work;
- General workshop cleaning and maintenance of equipment;
- Maintaining company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition and ensuring servicing of those vehicles is performed in accordance with the manufactures service schedule;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Trade qualification certificate;
- 3-5 years of experience performing repairs in the workshop;
- 5-10 years experience performing repairs in the field as a Field Service Technician;
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures;
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment;
- Ability to use John Deere and other diagnostic equipment and basic computer functions;
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to carry out manual labor including repetitive lifting;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Fork lift license preferred.
Employees are required to supply and maintain a tool kit sufficient to carry out their job in a professional and tradesman like manner.