Parts Manager - Roma
Manages Parts operations within the dealership to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control. Optimizes parts department processes. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction;
- Promotes and merchandises parts and accessories in conjunction with other store locations;
- Creates annual Parts Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives;
- Develops and executes Parts Department marketing plan and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals;
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures;
- Submits all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit;
- Promotes and merchandises parts and accessory line seasonally. Responsible for maintaining the shelf selection display (showroom) and the promotions and advertising programs for parts.
- Responsible for the safety and maintenance (cleanliness) within all areas of the Parts Department area;
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of cash received over the parts counter;
- Correspond with outside suppliers for Parts Department purchases; keeping the number of suppliers to a minimum through maximizing purchases from the major equipment suppliers.
- Responsible for completing an annual physical inventory verification of parts;
- Develops a Parts Department annual sales and operating budget complete with action plans. Reviews and extends these every 6 months;
- Responsible for returning all excess inactive inventory permitted by suppliers;
- Insures all parts invoices for purchases are verified for correct pricing, extension and discounts;
- Responsible for issuing Purchase Orders for the Parts Department;
- Responsible for the maintenance of all department vehicle and equipment;
- Handle customer complaints relative to parts service and to maintain adequate customer service (as measured by CSI);
- Assign definite duties to specific parts personal;
- Insures both internal and external customers are handled promptly;
- Opens and closes the store if assigned and participate in the on call roster if required:
- Send all stock orders on schedule and meet guidelines objectives on stock order participation. Use an approved order/stocking formula to maximize fill, minimize inventory, maximize stock order participation and minimize machine down ordering.
- Co-ordinates communication between the Parts and Service Departments to insure parts are ordered prior to service work being started where feasible and that service is fully informed on the status of all parts ordered.
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals;
- Ensures all department tools, equipment and vehicles are in good working order;
- Manages recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Relevant qualifications or proven experience in Parts Department operations;
- Experience leading others;
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions;
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups;
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department operations;
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports;
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends;
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Achieving The Dealership Standards relevant to this position;
- Performance standards for this position are met when;
- Total customer satisfaction is achieved with all customers;
- No customer complaints arise which could have been caused by or prevented by the Parts Manager:
- The Dealership service follow-up program is maintained and followed in a manner required by the Dealer Principal;
- All customer complaints and adverse customer survey returns are attended to immediately;
- All staff can read and understand information written on RO’s;
- All internal procedures as directed by management are adhered to.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment history.
Should you wish to obtain further detail about this opportunity with Vanderfield, please contact the Roma Branch Manager, Mr Charlie Millard on 0418 827 311