Automotive Technician - Katherine Toyota
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Based on their level of expertise, the Automotive Technician may work under supervision. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime and weekends on occasion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry out vehicle repairs and/or maintenance as per the repair order to Dealership requirements and report whenever this cannot be done.
- Plan each job for maximum efficiency. Order parts (where necessary) from Parts Department immediately.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of all Dealership products and services.
- Request assistance from the Foreman when diagnosis of jobs is required.
- Follow procedures when carrying out warranty work and ensure all warranty parts are tagged.
- Be responsible for the care and use of all workshop tools and equipment and return to the correct place after use.
- Correctly complete all works as per dealership standards;
- Legibly complete all paperwork correctly with all details regarding works carried out and/or parts ordered.
- Return vehicles in a clean condition after repairs.
- Do not smoke in any vehicles and obey all road laws when road testing vehicles.
- Maintain familiarity with and follow Dealership procedures when obtaining or ordering parts.
- Keep a complete and up-to-date toolkit.
- Achieving Dealership Standards relevant to this position.
- Performance standards for this position are met when:
- Customer vehicles are shown care in their handling.
- Repairs and maintenance are carried out to the highest possible level of quality in the most efficient and effective manner.
- A low or zero level of repeat work is maintained.
- Work bay and workshop area is clean and tidy at all times.
- The correct diagnosis is carried out and the correct parts are replaced or ordered.
- Trade qualification certificate;
- 2-4 years of experience performing repairs;
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following procedures;
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to carry out manual labor including repetitive lifting;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Forklift license preferred.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment history.
Should you wish to obtain further information about this opportunity with Vanderfield, please contact Brodie Randell, Service Manager on 0438 721 788