Ag Sales Representative - Darwin
This individual will develop long-term partnerships with our customers to build win/win solutions while promoting all aspects of Vanderfield Northwest Pty Ltd in a professional and diligent manner. You will also represent the Company to the customers for the purpose of selling equipment and also promoting goodwill.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Represent the Company for the sale of goods and machinery to customers in a defined sales territory;
- Maintain strong product knowledge, features, and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the Compan;
- Accountable for timely follow up on each sale to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Use Company provided systems/tools to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, area awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction;
- Maintain in good, usable and current condition (electronic and/or paper as directed) all manuals price lists and other documents given the individual by the Company;
- Accurately complete all documents related to sales transactions;
- Keep abreast of competitive activity and competitive products including trends in our customers' businesses that will affect the products these customers will buy today and into the future;
- Maintain, as directed by the Branch Manager, current and complete Sales Management information for all customers in the assigned territory;
- Coordinate and/or conduct field demonstrations as well as operate machinery at customer work site;
- Maintain company vehicle and other equipment as assigned to you;
- Have a good knowledge of used equipment values and be able to evaluate properly for trading purposes;
- Approve receipt of all whole goods and verify completeness of receipt by comparing to whole good order;
- Work in conjunction with the Branch Manager, responsible for follow-up and expediting of whole good orders;
- Maintain a good understanding of local conditions with knowledge of values of particular equipment both new and used and resale potential of them;
- Coordinate and/or communicate with customers and applicable departments to ensure timely delivery;
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook;
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set;
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, department meetings, and other related efforts;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Prior sales experience and/or training;
- Solid understanding of local market conditions;
- Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery an advantage;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent computer skills.
Achieving The Dealership Standards relevant to this position.
Performance standards for this position are met when:
- Monthly customer labor sales objectives, established with management, are achieved;
- Total customer satisfaction is achieved with all customers;
- No customer complaints arise which have been caused or could have been prevented by the Sales Representative;
- All customer complaints and adverse customer survey returns are attended to immediately;
- All internal procedures as directed by management are adhered to.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment and skills.
For further inquiries, please contact Darwin Branch Manager, Kevin Rose on 0407 976 324