Apprenticeships Toowoomba - 2019
Are you looking for an Apprenticeship with a future?
You're making one of the biggest decisions of your life and Vanderfield would like to make it easy for you. Your career maps your destiny more than any other decision you make so you will be considering things like:
- Will I end up with a skillset that is in demand forever?
- Will my skillset allow me to move around and see more of Australia and the world?
- Does my skillset offer me an interesting career that has meaning and purpose?
- Will attaining that skillset allow me to learn and earn money at the same time?
- Will the skillset provide me with career opportunities for the rest of my life?
If that's the kind of career you are thinking of… or would like, then apply for an Apprenticeship with Vanderfield today!
If you are motivated, willing to learn, and are a team player, then Vanderfield Toowoomba has an exciting opportunity for you as an Agricultural or Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Apprentice.
Your destiny will be shaped by every decision you make… starting with this one!
Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology x 3 positions
The apprentice undertaking this role will primarily service and repair the mechanical parts such as the engine, transmission (clutch, gearbox and differential), and the suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres). They will perform tasks including discussing problems with drivers/users to discover faults and carry out their own diagnostic procedures. They will repair and service engines, cooling systems, exhaust systems, diesel fuel systems, engine forced induction systems and clutch assemblies. In addition, they will repair and service manual and automatic transmissions, braking systems, hydraulic systems, final drive assemblies and steering and suspension systems. The repair of ignition, electronic engine and drive management systems is also encompassed in the vehicle mobile equipment mechanic's duties.
Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology x 1 position
Heavy Vehicle Mechanics will primarily overhaul, service and repair the mechanical parts of road transport vehicles such as the engine, transmission (clutch, gearbox and differential) and the suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres). They will perform tasks including discussing problems with vehicle drivers to discover faults and carry out their own diagnosis procedures. They will repair and service cooling systems, diesel fuel systems, air conditioning, engine forced induction systems and clutch assemblies. In addition, they will overhaul, repair and service engines, manual and automatic transmissions, air braking systems and final drive assemblies and repair and service steering and suspension systems. The repair of ignition, electronic engine management and electrical systems and safety/roadworthy inspections are also encompassed in the heavy vehicle mechanic's duties.
Carry out the requirements for an Apprenticeship which includes:
- Attend the training organisation to participate in off-the-job training as scheduled
- Participate and follow directions for all on-the-job training
- Maintain a Training Record Book and ensure that it is updated weekly
- You must be enthusiastic and reliable
- Your presentation must clean, neat and tidy
- You must have good communication skills
- And above all, you must be willing to learn and enjoy what you are doing
Applications for these positions will close by the 29 October 2018
Commencement of these apprenticeships will mostly be in January 2019
All enquiries for this position are to be directed to Jackie Doyle, HR Manager on 0427 602 005 or Andrew Davis, Service Manager on 0491 216 561