Apprenticeship - Ag Mechanic - St George
If you are motivated, willing to learn, and are a team player, then Vanderfield St George has an exciting opportunity for you as our Agricultural Mechanical Technology Apprentice.
Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology
The apprentice undertaking this role will primarily service and repair the mechanical parts such as the engine, transmission (clutch, gearbox and differential), and the suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres). They will perform tasks including discussing problems with drivers/users to discover faults and carry out their own diagnostic procedures. They will repair and service engines, cooling systems, exhaust systems, diesel fuel systems, engine forced induction systems and clutch assemblies. In addition, they will repair and service manual and automatic transmissions, braking systems, hydraulic systems, final drive assemblies and steering and suspension systems. The repair of ignition, electronic engine and drive management systems is also encompassed in the vehicle mobile equipment mechanic's duties.
Carry out the requirements for an Apprenticeship which includes:
- Attend the training organisation to participate in off-the-job training as scheduled
- Participate and follow directions for all on-the-job training
- Maintain a Training Record Book and ensure that it is updated weekly
- You must be enthusiastic and reliable
- Your presentation must clean, neat and tidy
- You must have good communication skills
- And above all, you must be willing to learn and enjoy what you are doing
All enquiries for this position are to be directed to Jackie Doyle, HR Manager on 0427 602 005 or Alan Bessell, Service Manager on 0427 113 109