Service Technician - St George
St George is a small country town located just under 400 Ks west of Toowoomba. It offers public and private schooling options, medical services, a range of stores and a couple of good sports clubs. It is great for water skiing, fishing, bird watching, astronomy, and photography. The larger area is perfect for serious bush campers, hikers and 4WD enthusiasts. Flights to Toowoomba and Brisbane happen twice a week.
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime and weekends on occasion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- General maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Diagnosis and fault finding on machinery and equipment
- Participate in training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Pre-delivery of new machinery and equipment
- Maintain current knowledge of our products as well as competitive products
- Mechanical Trade Certificate
- 3-5 years of experience performing repairs
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of trucks and equipment
- Ability to operate trucks and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to carry out manual labour including repetitive lifting
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Forklift license preferred
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth
- Ongoing training and support
- Above award rate
- Great career advancement and opportunities
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff
- Other benefits exclusive to Vanderfield employees!
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment and skills.
For further information, please contact the Service Manager, Alan Bessell on 0427 113 109