Service Manager - Gatton
Provide leadership in motivating, managing, and evaluating service team members. The supervision of the day to day operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment by optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Achievement of specific targets in relation to gross and operating margins as well as performance targets. Set and monitor goals as well as enhancing customer service. They will manage the service operations to ensure customer satisfaction. Grows profitable service labor sales and exercises disciplined expense control. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of the branch;
- Coach and mentor service department employees on a regular basis with regards to efficiency, productivity, rework, and gross margin;
- Accountable for ensuring all Vanderfield policies and procedures are followed within the service department;
- Ensure customer satisfaction. Work with the service team to know the customer’s current and future expectations and work with all workshop departments to resolve customer concerns;
- Manage the scheduling of all service work and assignments;
- Manage the time card review and sign off for all technicians;
- Ensure work orders are charged out in a timely, profitable manner;
- Ensure the processing of warranty claims timely monitoring of warranty sub-ledger for all pieces of equipment;
- Coordinates customer clinics, field days, and related promotional events;
- Manage and maintain company property, including workshop, equipment, and vehicles. Inventory company-purchased tools and follow checkout guidelines;
- Facilitate or participate in monthly safety meetings;
- Review monthly Risk Management Report with the Branch Manager/Regional Manager Western;
- Create and monitor annual service department benchmarks and budget, in alignment with the company’s financial and operational objectives;
- Review all receivables at least monthly. Establish collection plans and monitor aggressively;
- Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the location/s by facilitating/participating in monthly meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members;
- Foster a great place to work environment within the location/s, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer;
- Lead and manage all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that all team members are committed to creating solutions and long term relationships with customers;
- Ensure that the company/location reputation and image in the community is consistent with Vanderfield Core Values, and that business relationships with all stakeholders are not compromised;
- Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical and financial resources and administer the development/training, evaluation, and effective assignment of people resources;
- Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives;
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook;
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set;
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a Service Department;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Industry experience preferred;
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups;
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products;
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports;
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- Achieving The Dealership Standards relevant to this position;
- Performance standards for this position are met when;
- Total customer satisfaction is achieved with all customers;
- No customer complaints arise which could have been caused by or prevented by the Service Manager:
- The Dealership service follow-up program is maintained and followed in a manner required by the Dealer Principal;
- All customer complaints and adverse customer survey returns are attended to immediately;
- All staff can read and understand information written on RO’s;
- All internal procedures as directed by management are adhered to.
Vanderfield will offer you in return;
Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment history.
To discuss in further detail please contact David Stockwell, Gatton Branch Manager on 0428 361 583