Service Manager -Darwin
Vanderfield Pty Ltd provides sales, service and spare parts to the agricultural and turf industries as well as shires, community and residential customers across QLD, Northern Territory and northern Kimberley region.
Working with strong brands such as John Deere Agricultural and Construction equipment, Manitou and Kuhn Farm Machinery we require the right person for the following position in our Darwin branch. At Vanderfield, we pride ourselves on developing our people so that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills that enable them to provide exceptional service to our valued customers.
Darwin is a city of over 145,000 people. As the capital of the Northern Territory, Darwin offers a wide range of educational services, public and private hospitals, sporting facilities and many shopping and dining options. There is a variety of festivals and arts and entertainment events on offer throughout the year. The area and nearby national park are perfect for outdoor activities, including fishing, sailing, cruising and bushwalking.
Provide leadership in motivating, managing, and evaluating service team members. The supervision of the day to day operations within the dealership to maximise return on investment by optimising Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Achievement of specific targets in relation to gross and operating margins as well as performance targets. Set and monitor goals as well as enhancing customer service. They will manage the service operations to ensure customer satisfaction. Grows profitable service labour sales and exercises disciplined expense control. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a Service Department;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Industry experience preferred;
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups;
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products; desirable
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Ability to analyse and interpret internal reports;
Vanderfield will offer you in return;
Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment history.