Hino Service Technician - Toowoomba
Perform the mechanical repairs of machinery and perform Pre-Deliveries as instructed. Repairs must be performed in a professional and tradesman like manner in accordance with industry accepted good practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Hino Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- General maintenance and repair of Trucks, Machinery and Equipment;
- Diagnosis and fault finding on trucks, machinery and equipment;
- Participates in Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge;
- Pre-delivery of new Hino and other products;
- Maintains current knowledge of Trucks/Diesel machinery and competitive products;
- Previous Hino experience highly desirable;
- Trade certificate in Heavy Vehicle/Diesel;
- 3-5 years of experience performing repairs;
- Ability to perform repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures;
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of trucks and equipment;
- Ability to operate trucks and equipment used for diagnostic purposes;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to carry out manual labour including repetitive lifting;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Fork lift license preferred.
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge on all equipment sold and serviced by the Dealership.
- Follow housekeeping, safety and security procedures that result in a safe and attractive working environment.
- Discourage, in a friendly manner, any entry to work areas by customers to ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Follow and comply with all the Dealership’s workplace health and safety procedures.
- Maintain adherence to The Dealership Standards.
- Report all customer complaints (internal and external) and conditions that are adverse to the operational efficiency of the department or achievement of quality.
- Make suggestions for improvement as appropriate.
Workplace Health and Safety Duties:
- Cares for the health and safety of self and others.
- Follows workplace procedures and instructions to achieve good OHS practice.
- Maintains tools, equipment and facilities to make sure of safe performance and good OHS practice.
- Identifies and reports unsafe, unhealthy or hazardous working conditions.
- Uses Continuous Improvement Requests to report OHS hazards and risks or to suggest improvements.
- Uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Does not engage in practical jokes that could harm the health or safety of another person.
- Achieving The Dealership Standards relevant to this position.
- Performance standards for this position are met when:
- Monthly customer labour sales objectives, established with management, are achieved.
- Total customer satisfaction is achieved with all customers.
- No customer complaints arise which have been caused or could have been prevented by the Workshop Foreman;
- All customer complaints and adverse customer survey returns are attended to immediately.
- All staff can read and understand information written on RO’s.
- All internal procedures as directed by management are adhered to.
Vanderfield will offer you in return:
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff.
To apply for the position:
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment and skills.
For further information, please contact the Hino Service Manager, Grahame Phillips on 0407 717 476