Service Manager - Roma
Vanderfield has been operating for over 50 years and is a respected group of agricultural machinery and truck dealerships throughout regional Australia. Vanderfield supports its customers by providing Sales, Service, and Parts for our industry-leading products, which include John Deere, Hino, and Manitou. At Vanderfield, we pride ourselves on developing our people so that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills, which enable them to provide exceptional service to our valued customers.
Roma is a town of almost 8,000 people situated 350 Km west of Toowoomba. Supplying cattle, wheat and natural gas, Roma has public and private schools, a hospital, doctors’ surgeries, a variety of shops and restaurants, and outback events. Sports facilities include rugby league and union clubs, a swimming pool, a golf course and a bowling green. The surrounding area can be thoroughly enjoyed by hikers and 4WD enthusiasts alike.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a suitably experienced Service Manager to join our team in Roma. The Service Manager will provide leadership in motivating, managing, and evaluating the Service Department team members. The Service Manager will also be responsible for managing the overall Service Department operations to ensure customer satisfaction and business growth through ensuring specific targets are achieved in relation to gross and operating margins as well as performance targets.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a Service Department
- Excellent customer service skills
- Industry experience preferred
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Ability to analyse and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
About the Benefits
As a valued employee of Vanderfield, we will provide you with:
- A friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth
- Ongoing training and support
- Above award rate
- Great career advancement and opportunities
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff
- Other benefits exclusive to Vanderfield employees
Equal Employment Opportunity
Vanderfield is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please enter complete the fields below and upload your resume, which should include the contact details of at least two referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Jackie Doyle, HR Manager on 0427 602 005.