Truck Service Technician - Toowoomba
Vanderfield has been operating for over 50 years and is a respected group of agricultural machinery and truck dealerships throughout regional Australia. Vanderfield supports its customers by providing Sales, Service, and Parts for our industry-leading products, which include John Deere, Hino, and Manitou.
Toowoomba, ‘The Garden City’, has a population of over 120,000 and is located 120 Ks west of Brisbane. On the Great Dividing Range, roughly 700 metres above sea level, it experiences four distinct seasons. Toowoomba is a major education centre and offers many options for shopping and dining. Numerous events take place in the city and surrounding areas all year round, and opportunities abound to enjoy the great outdoors.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a professional and experienced Truck Service Technician to join our team in Toowoomba. This individual will perform machinery diagnostics and repairs as required. These repairs will consist of, but are not limited to, complete component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following prescribed technical manual procedures. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime and weekends on occasion.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Trade qualification (Heavy Vehicle/Diesel)
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Hino experience highly desirable
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to carry out manual labour including repetitive lifting
- Valid driver's license is required
About the Benefits
As a valued employee of Vanderfield, we will provide you with:
- A friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth
- Ongoing training and support
- Above award rate
- Great career advancement and opportunities
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff
- Other benefits exclusive to Vanderfield employees
Equal Employment Opportunity
Vanderfield is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please enter complete the fields below and upload your resume, which should include the contact details of at least two referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment.