Small Motors Mechanic - Toowoomba
Maintains, tests and repairs engines of chainsaws, lawn mowers, garden tractors and other equipment with small engines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Service Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- detecting and diagnosing faults in engines and parts;
- dismantling and removing engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and checking parts;
- repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components, and referring to service manuals as needed;
- performing scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrication and engine tune-ups, to achieve smoother running of vehicles and ensure compliance with pollution regulations;
- reassembling engines and parts after being repaired;
- testing and adjusting mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance;
- diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers;
- Document system information and repairs completed on work order, including parts used.
You will be working on the following equipment:
- Ride-on mowers
- Garden tractors
- Mini Excavators
- Skid steers
- and much more ......
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Working knowledge of electronics and hydraulic systems preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
Vanderfield will offer you in return
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff;
- Other benefits exclusive to Vanderfield employees!
To apply for the position
You will need to answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume listing the names and contact details of 2 referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment and skills.