Sales Representative - Small Ag and Turf - Mackay
Vanderfield has been operating for over 50 years and is a respected group of agricultural machinery and truck dealerships throughout regional Australia. Vanderfield supports its customers by providing Sales, Service, and Parts for our industry-leading products, which include John Deere, Hino, and Manitou.
Mackay has a population of 60,000 people. It’s ideally situated on the Central Coast of Queensland, only an hour’s drive from Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands. It is a favourite of locals and visitors alike, offering a subtropical climate, modern hospitals, a range of public and private schools, two university campuses and shopping centres. Mackay is also great for fishing, hiking, wildlife spotting and enjoying the beach.
About the Role
Vanderfield Mackay is seeking an experienced and professional Small Ag and Turf Sales Representative who has a genuine interest in our products and is committed to providing excellent customer service. This person will be responsible for representing Vanderfield to our customers for the purpose of selling equipment and promoting goodwill. They will maintain excellent relationships with our customers to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Represent the Company for the sale of small ag and turf goods and machinery
- Maintain strong product knowledge, features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the Company
- Keep abreast of competitive activity competitive products
- Conduct field demonstrations as required
- Maintain a good understanding of used equipment values and be able to evaluate properly for trading purposes
- Maintain a good understanding of local market conditions
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes
- Prior sales experience and/or training
- Solid understanding of local market conditions
- Knowledge of resale values or particular machinery an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
About the Benefits
As a valued employee of Vanderfield, we will provide you with:
- A friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth
- Ongoing training and support
- Above award rate
- Great career advancement and opportunities
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff
- Other benefits exclusive to Vanderfield employees
Equal Employment Opportunity
Vanderfield is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please enter complete the fields below and upload your resume, which should include the contact details of at least two referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Linton Brimblecombe, Branch Manager on 0459 897 502