Field Service Technician - Darwin
Vanderfield has been operating for over 50 years and is a respected group of agricultural machinery and truck dealerships throughout regional Australia. Vanderfield supports its customers by providing Sales, Service, and Parts for our industry-leading products, which include John Deere, Hino, and Manitou.
Darwin is a city of over 145,000 people. As the capital of the Northern Territory, Darwin offers a wide range of educational services, public and private hospitals, sporting facilities and many shopping and dining options. There is a variety of festivals and arts and entertainment events on offer throughout the year. The area and nearby national parks are perfect for outdoor activities, including fishing, sailing, cruising and bushwalking.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a professional and experienced Heavy Vehicle Mechanic / Diesel Fitter / Mobile Plant Mechanic to join our team based in Darwin as a Field Service Technician.
- This individual will work primarily on the John Deere Construction range of products.
- They will operate a mobile service vehicle and travel to customer locations to perform in-field, machinery diagnostics and repairs as required.
- These repairs will consist of, but are not limited to, complete component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following prescribed technical manual procedures.
- This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible, work overtime and weekends on occasion.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Trade qualification
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar role
- John Deere Construction experience will be highly regarded
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong computer skills
About the Benefits
As a valued employee of Vanderfield, we will provide you with:
- A friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth
- Ongoing training and support
- Above award rate
- Great career advancement and opportunities
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff
- Other benefits exclusive to Vanderfield employees
Equal Employment Opportunity
Vanderfield is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please enter complete the fields below and upload your resume, which should include the contact details of at least two referees (preferably direct supervisors) who can verify your previous employment.
Further enquiries for this position should be directed to Andrew Simon, Branch Manager on 0408 824 811