Branch Manager - Emerald
Vanderfield has been operating for over 50 years and is a respected group of agricultural machinery and truck dealerships throughout regional Australia. Vanderfield supports its customers by providing Sales, Service, and Parts for our industry-leading products, which include John Deere, Hino, and Manitou.
Emerald is a classic country town that offers you an amazing lifestyle. Situated only three hours from the coast, it’s close to attractions like the Sapphire Gemfields, Fairbairn Dam, Carnarvon Gorge and Blackdown Tablelands. With quality schools, medical facilities, and retail chains, it’s a wonderful place to live and raise your family.
Responsible for the achievement of the Emerald business plan objectives and fulfilling the expectations of all stakeholders (owners, customers, and employees). Provides leadership in evaluating, allocating, and managing human, physical and financial resources for the location. Optimizes the profitable growth of the business, the personal growth of employees, and the satisfaction of customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your direct line of responsibility is to the Western Regional Manager.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the company/location reputation and image in the community is consistent with Vanderfield Core Values, and that business relationships with all stakeholders are not compromised;
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of the branch;
- Lead the development and deployment of a comprehensive strategic business plan in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives; including but not limited to annual store benchmarks and budget;
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with all existing and new customers and resolves any elevated customer issues;
- Ensures that appropriate communication takes place within and across all departments at the store location(s) which may include leading regular department management staff meetings and all employee meetings;
- Communicates the dealership values, principles, vision and mission within their location;
- Communicates with other store managers to implement best practices and consistent processes for all departments within the organization;
- Supports corporate managers in implementing changes in any department within the location;
- Ensures the successful planning and execution of marketing activities and events;
- Oversees maintenance, security and a professional appearance of the facility and property for the location;
- May represent the company for the sale of machinery to key customers as needed;
- Provides input to the hiring, development and coaching, evaluation, and effectiveness of the management team and other employees within their branch;
- Manages on-going relationships with key John Deere personnel;
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner;
- Coach and mentor store employees on a regular basis;
- Coordinate and delegate activities through the store management team;
- Ensure customer satisfaction. Work with all departments to know the customer’s current and future expectations and work to resolve customer concerns.
- Review monthly receivables with department managers. Establish collection plans and monitor aggressively;
- Accountable for ensuring all Vanderfield policies and procedures are followed within the branch;
- Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the location/s by facilitating/participating in monthly meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members;
- Foster a great place to work environment within the location/s, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Lead and manage all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that all team members are committed to creating solutions and long term relationships with customers.
- Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical and financial resources and administer the hiring, development/training, management, evaluation, and effective assignment of people resources;
- Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives;
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook;
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skillset.
- Proven business and people management experience;
- Operational expertise in sales, parts, and service;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Knowledge of agricultural and/or construction business operations;
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products;
- Experience dealing with elevated customer issues;
- Ability to lead and motivate others;
- Knowledge of financial metrics, marketing experience and a solid understanding of sales, parts and service operations;
- Solid analytical, business planning, problem solving, and communication skills;
- Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Business or equivalent experience required.
About the Benefits
- Friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Above award rate;
- Great career advancement and opportunities;
- A genuine commitment to the well-being and development of staff;
- Other benefits exclusive to Vanderfield Employees!
Please answer the questions listed below and attach a full up to date resume.
If you have any queries, please contact Jackie Doyle, HR Manager on 0427 602 005.